Friday, November 20, 2009

life`s good

Learning Spanish has it´s ups and downs like every aspect of an exchange, which is my explanation for why this entry is much more positive on the language front. I am happy to report that I have crawled out of my black hole of umm...Spanish speaker´s block, and into the light of ¨wow, maybe I can become fluent after all.¨ I love when something Spanish pops out of my mouth and I realize afterwards that yes, it was correct, and yes, I didn`t have to think about it! I love it when I can only remember the name for something in Spanish. I love using Chilean slang! I love when one of my friends speed-talks a story to another friend and then looks at me and asks if I understood and I can honestly say yes!

Estoy en la clase de tecnologia ahora! Technology class at the moment. We don`t do anything in technology, and that is not an exaggeration, hence the blogging during class. When I arrived here 3 months ago they had just been assigned a project where they invent a business and make a presentation on it. We have yet to finish that project. What I find most hilarious is that the teacher just came up behind me while I was reading Tatiana`s blog and instead of getting me in trouble as would have happend in the states, asked me what the Chinese characters on the screen meant. (That leads to another point- a lot of people here assume I am from either China or Japan, and even after I tell that I`ve only been to China once, they assume that I understand Chinese) So translation being that I really love school here! I am so lucky to be here on this exchange, and not just because I`m getting a break on schoolwork ;) I´m having a lot more fun now that I understand enough that I can really be part of my group of friends and have normal Chilean teenager conversations! It´s a good feeling to not be the needy foreign exchange student so much anymore, though those moments definitely still happen. It hurts to just think about saying goodbye to all the amazing people I have met here. Thank you rotary!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment